This Official Micro SD Card Bundle for the Raspberry Pi consists of a Class 6 Micro SD card pre-loaded with the Official Raspberry Pi NOOBS (New Out of Box Software) package, and a beautifully screen printed Micro SD card adaptor with the Raspberry Pi logo! Simply plug this SD card into your Raspberry Pi, and on first boot you will be given a choice of six recommended Raspberry Pi Operating Systems, including:
- Archlinux – A Lightweight and Flexible Linux Distribution
- OpecELEC (Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center) – XBMC Media Centre OS.
- Pidora – A Fedora Remix optimized for the Raspberry Pi
- RaspBMC – A Linux Distribution Based on Debian that brings XBMC to your Raspberry Pi
- Raspbian – The recommended OS, which contains LXDE, Midori and Development Tools
- RiscOS – Designed in Cambridge, England by Acorn. Released in 1987, it’s a little bit of history!
A note on SD card nomenclature. The card we’re offering here is rated as Class 6 – in some metrics, Class 6 means slow. This is not the case with this card, which has outperformed many Class 10 cards in our tests – classification seems not to correlate well with random read/write performance. For the 8GB, Samsung’s unusual focus on random-access performance on their SD memory means that this card performs very fast and very reliably – and on the 16GB card, Transcend have an equally good track record. Either way, we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
Latest image available from the Raspberry Pi Foundation Downloads
The NOOBS Pre-Loaded Micro SD Card & Adaptor Features:
- Superior Random-Access Performance – Perfect for the Raspberry Pi
- Safe from X-rays and magnetic fields
- Reliable shock-proof technology
- Water and dust proof, thanks to EMC coating
- Tested and proven to last up to 24 hours in sea water
- Capacity : 8GB or 16GB
- Weight : Approx 0.2g
- Operating Voltage : 2.7 ~ 3.6V
- Speed Class 6