We’re currently out of stock. Please visit RS Components to purchase Flick HAT
Swipe, tap or flick your wrist to control your Raspberry Pi with the Flick HAT.
Flick Zero is a 3D tracking and gesture HAT that lets you control the Raspberry Pi computer as if by magic! Flick uses technology that enables the PCB to detect your gestures from up to 15cm away in 3D space. Draw a circle with your hand – Flick will track it.
Integrate Flick into your Raspberry Pi project to give you multiple ways of controlling it. Using the near field gesture technology, you’re able to hide your project behind non-conductive material (wood/acrylic) and still use Flick (please note however that mounting it in this way may reduce the sensor range).
Plug and play functionality allows you to get up and running within minutes. Use our software libraries (complete with one line installer) to fully explore what you can do with Flick. Control your computer, TV, music system and more all with a Flick of the wrist!
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi A+, B+, 2B and 3B
- Also works with Raspberry Pi Zero, Zero Wireless and all other Raspberry Pis with 40 GPIO pins (or compatible boards).
- 3D tracking
- Gesture sensing up to 15cm
- Touch and Tap sensing
- Communicates with the Raspberry Pi via I2C
- Full software libraries (fully open-source code)
- No soldering required
- Dimensions: 6.5cm x 5.6cm x 0.6cm
- One line installer
- Fully CE and FCC tested and approved
- 1 Flick HAT
- 8 Plastic bolts
- 4 Plastic spacers
- 3 Stickers
- 2 Info card
- Chip: MGC3130 3D Tracking and Gesture Controller
- Detection range: 0 to 15 cm in ideal circumstances
- Temperature Range: -20℃ to +85℃
- Position Rate: 200 positions/sec
- Spatial Resolution: up to 150 dpi
- Proximity and Touch Sensing
- Compatible with the Hillstar Development Kit over USB on PC in order to use with a computer or to program new firmware onto the board.
- Available gestures: Swipe (east to west, west to east, north to south, south to north), tap and double tap (center, east, west, north, south), airwheel (clockwise, anti-clockwise) and touch (center, east, west, north, south)
- Works even through the Flick HAT case
- No detection blind spots
- Low–power design
Software and Setup Guide
- Software for the Flick boards is available here on GitHub
- Follow this guide to set up your Flick HAT board and case
Explore the entire Flick range
Why not add Flick to other I2C devices or your Raspberry Pi Zero with Flick Large and Flick Zero.