Just add a Raspberry Pi to get inventing with our comprehensive Laika inventors kit.
The Laika platform allows control of motors, switches, lamps, robots and more using Scratch, Python or C on your computer.
The system is simple, and anyone can start by using the Scratch programming language to control hardware in a matter of minutes: download the drivers, connect to the Rapsberry Pi with a USB cable and Scratch away!
With our inventors kit you can control motors, LEDs, a seven segment display, and much more!
You can find tutorials on the Project Laika website here.
- 1x Laika Explorer.
- 1x 2.5A 5V UK plug power adaptor (2.1mm) to drive the Explorer and the included motors.
- 1x 500mm USB cable for communications between the Pi and Explorer.
- 1x Laser cut mounting plate in lovely frosted Perspex.
- 4x rubber feet for the mounting plate.
- 6x 8mm M3 threaded PCB supports to hold the Explorer and Pi in place.
- 12x M3 6mm machine screws.
- 1x Breadboard for all your prototyping. There is space for two on the mounting plate.
- 2x 10K potentiometers for the analogue inputs.
- 2x motors with wire.
- 2x fans which fit nicely on to the motor shafts to keep you cool while you work.
- 10x Male-Female jumper wires.
- 1x 7-segment display.
- 3x Green LED’s.
- 4x Red LED’s.
- 7x 150 Ohm resistors.
- 4x Tact switches.
- 4x 100nF capacitors for the motors.