Please note: If you need a replacement / extra screen they are available here.
PaPiRus Zero is an ePaper / eInk screen pHAT designed for the Raspberry Pi Zero and the new Raspberry Pi Zero W. It’s one of the first true low power displays for the Pi Zero mini computer.
Since the launch of the original PaPiRus on Kickstarter, we’ve come to realise how popular ePaper screens HATs are for hobbyists and makers. This has led to the development of PaPiRus Zero for the Pi Zero.
ePaper / eInk is a display technology that mimics the appearance of ink on normal paper. eUnlike conventional displays, ePaper reflects light – just like ordinary paper – and is capable of holding text and images indefinitely, even without electricity. Because of this, ePaper displays and single board computers or microcontrollers are a match made in heaven as together they use a very small amount of power whilst still bringing a display to your project.
The ePaper display that comes as standard with PaPiRus Zero is a 1.44″ diagonal and 128 x 96 resolution ePaper display. One fantastic aspect of the ePaper display is the fact they don’t need any power to keep the image on the screen. Just like a Kindle, you can read whatever is on your screen in daylight without any reflection. More information including wiring diagrams, datasheets & and links to example code are available at rePaper.
Potential Use Cases:
- An eInk / ePaper Nametag
- Display the latest weather forecast
- A Pi Zero ePaper watch
- Display your own Twitter Feed
- Small dynamic digital signage (such as displaying prices for products in a store)
- Outdoor displays where you don’t want the screen to be affected by sunlight reflection
- Any sort of data-logging applications
- We’re keen to hear any projects you plan to make with PaPiRus Zero. Tweet images of your projects to @PiSupply