PLEASE NOTE!! We’re temporarily out of stock of this item – but don’t worry! There is still stock at CPC, MCM and RS Components so you can still get your hands on a Pi PoE while we wait for more stock!
This product is compatible with the Raspberry Pi 3
The Pi PoE Switch HAT is a power over ethernet add-on board for the Raspberry Pi that brings the Pi Supply Switch technology together with PoE all in one fantastic package! You can now power your Raspberry Pi and provide an Ethernet connection in any location with just a single cable. Perfect for removing the clutter of wires and for reliable use in remote locations.
We have been working very hard on all of the technical features so that you don’t have to!
- Fully 802.3af (mode A and B) compliant active power over Ethernet
- Includes optional jumper that toggles the power functionality
- If you keep the jumper on, your Pi PoE will power on after holding the power button for two seconds
- If you take the jumper off, your Pi PoE will power on as soon as you apply power from your injector (If you don’t have a PoE Injector yet, you can pick one up here!)
- Contains physical layer power negotiation circuitry, presenting itself as a Class 0 device
- Fully isolated switched mode power supply (SMPS) – 1500V isolation input to output
- Overload and short circuit protection
- Over temperature protection
- High efficiency (up to 87%) regulated output
- Input voltage 36-56V, output voltage 5V, output current 10-1300mA, max output power 6.5W
- Onboard ATtiny 13A microcontroller for power management functionality
- Configurable on / off switch for intelligent power management
- Leaves all unused GPIO free for use with other add on boards
- Fully assembled board
- Mounting hardware and short ethernet patch cable included
Software and Samples
Pi PoE is completely plug and play – no software required in order for Pi PoE to provide power and Ethernet directly to your Raspberry Pi and it will work straight out of the box.
We also have plans to introduce some useful scripts and guides in order for you to make use of the configurable on board button as well as harness the unused power of the ATtiny on board and these will probably be introduced as stretch goals in due course.