The Quick2Wire Interface Board gives you easy access to all the features on your Raspberry Pi’s expansion header with added protection from burning the crust on your precious Pi!
- We protect the GPIO pins from mistaken connections that might burn out the Pi. We have diodes to catch incorrect voltages and resistors to limit the current.
- The Raspberry Pi expansion header includes a 3.3v power line, but this only supports a low current. The interface board provides a high-power 3.3v power supply regulated down from the Pi’s 5v supply. The current available depends on the power supply to the Pi. We find we can provide 1 amp with a conventional power adapter. Try the Pi Supply 5.25V 1.5A Raspberry Pi Power Adaptor for extra Juice!
- We bring out the I2C lines in an SDC header that includes ground, interrupt, 5v, and high-power 3.3v lines. Our extension boards can be daisy-chained to connect multiple I2C devices to your Pi.
- We bring out the SPI lines in an SDC header that includes ground, interrupt, 5v, and high-power 3.3v lines. The board is wired to accept a second SDC header for SPI (not included in this kit).
- The Pi’s serial port uses 3.3v signal levels. Our serial connections include level shifting so that you can safely connect 5v devices such as an Arduino™. You can connect to your Pi’s console from your PC using a USB FTDI™ cable (not included), so you can work with your Pi without an Ethernet connection.
- 8 General Purpose I/O (GPIO) pins
- Dround, 3.3 volt and 5 volt supplies
- An Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) interface
- A Serial-Peripheral Interface (SPI) interface
- Serial communications
- The board connects to the Pi with an included 26-way ribbon cable.
- The board comes as a kit which is easily assembled.
Downloads and Tutorials: